Tuesday 15 May 2012

Gus, career change!!

Gosh, I forgot what time of the month it was and hadn't made anything specific for the BTC&G mid way challenge Spring is in the Air. Oh tut tut Carol.  Just can't believe where the time has gone. Don't usually have man cards lying about waiting to be blogged but for once  all was not lost and definitely saved my bacon,  had made this last week for Father's day for my Sister-in-law. (Yes, well organised amn't I) Her father loves my cards and they don't only stay up on the mantelpiece for the occasion, the past ones are still up after several years so that's appreciation for you. If she gives him a bought one he always says, where's my hand made one. Made in plenty of time as wasn't sure how I was going to go about making a Greenhouse card.


Roughly sketched out the greenhouse shape, copied to computer and resized, printed it off and used as a template to cut out on Acetate. Okay, won't win any prizes for my designs but could be worse.  And wait for it......I used peel offs. Managed to rake out my big box of them, long forgotten but something kept always has a use at sometime.Just perfect for the Aluminium framing.

Set about making the background using stamps I won on the Stampalot challenge back in February. Coloured with Promarkers then attached it to the acetate. Papers are K&Co.

Everything stamped,cut and coloured

Just had to have a gnome, butterflies are Hero Arts

No greenhouse is complete with out the keeper and this is Gus the Painter!!! Closest image I could get to a gardener, just added the accessories to transform him.

Hope your still with me after that heavy post and thanks for dropping by. Love to here what you think. Hope you can join us over on by the cute and girly.

challenges i would like to enter

http://crazychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Outside
http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes
http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/ - Things with Wings
http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/ - At least one Butterfly
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/ - Man Card
http://going-buggy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/may-challenge.html  - Things with wings
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/  - In The Garden
http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Clearly Beautiful/ Acetate and Glossy Accents on eyes


bye for now






x

29 comments:

Cheryl said...

So cute and fun! I love the scene you created for Gus!



I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m entry #97)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

brenda said...

Clever you Carol sketching your own greenhouse, it's such a great male card and that image is such fun - looks like it must have been a windy day !

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Marie-Louise said...

This is brilliant. You are clever.

Doreen said...

A brilliant card Carol.xxx

Unknown said...

Wowzers! There are some crazy details there. Great job! Thanks for playing at DTC!

Carol said...

Fabulous card Carol, love it. Carol x

Geraldine said...

that is brilliant Carol. Great work building your own Greenhouse. You have tons of patience. Poor old Gus looks a bit doubtful re his new job!
Ger x

Kat said...

Fantastic card Carol. Clever girl making your own greenhouse, looks great. Your sister-in-law's Dad will love this one.

Kat xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

I bet you had an absolutely fab time putting this scene together. Brilliantly creative my friend.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

cheryl said...

oh this is just brilliant one super image,and love the scene,you have created its just amazing,hugs Cherylxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well done with your greenhouse. bet this card will stay up for a long time.

Berit Synnøve said...

Wow, this is gorgeous !
Love your scene.
Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge.
Hugs Berit

Jackie said...

It's brilliant Carol, great idea for the greenhouse :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just brilliant Carol. So much work has gone into it and I just love it - very creative!! x

coops said...

love this carol.gus looks fab and your design and details are fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

I'm back again Carol 'casue I saw your link on MIM. I'm at #65 and #124 this week.

Fabulous card!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Kath Stewart said...

wow wow wow carol...absolutely fabulous and hey I bet you knew those peel off's would come in handy some day...hugs kath xxx

Wiccababe said...

thats a acracker of a card - and I take my hat off to you for drawing your own design :)
Debz
xx
p.s. thanks for your entry into my blog candy - but you need to leave a comment on my post on the letraset blog to be entered into the draw :)

lilyf said...

Fabulous card Carol, you clever girl. Love all the detail.

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Carol, love it.
Wendy xx

Doreen said...

wow - that's fantastic. Love it.
Many thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
hugs
Doreen

Aud said...

Sorry Carol after saying I couldnt leave a comment on your card I actually forgot to go back and leave one... This is a super card youve done a great job, lots of detail and lovely colouring in p.s hope you can teach me to do as good !! look forward to getting my pens and an afternoon with you colouring in. Catch up soon. Aud

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhhhhhh, so adorable! Love what you've created here. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Heleen said...

What a brilliant card!!! Thamks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday.
Hugs,
Heleen

franzesjoi said...

wow!! beautiful card! love all the details here :)

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fabulous Carol.. my kind of card .. i love that geenhouse
Lisa x

K Blue said...

This card is AMAZING!!!!! I love it so much. You really have a special talent.

Michelle said...

Wow, this is amazing!! I love your greenhouse!! The whole card is just brilliant.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Enfys said...

This is gorgeous, very creative and so much detail. Thank you so much for entering it in this months Going Buggy challenge, and good luck
hugs
Enfys x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails